The Strategic Aims of the Association are to:
- Foster evidence-based nursing care through excellence in nursing leadership for the benefit of patients, clients, their family and the community in accordance with ENDA’s Code of Ethics.
- Influence nursing developments at national and European level.
- Support the development of the nursing profession, leadership, education and research.
- Contribute to workforce development strategies.
- Promote nursing leadership at all levels and all fields
- Value the professions that contribute to health promotion, education, practice, policies and strategies.
This is achieved by:
- Communicating and networking regularly with ENDA’s Board and members, their relevant national, international and European organisations.
- Identifying priorities for action through research, publication, mentorship, support of specific projects, and congress planning.
- Increasing ENDA’s membership to achieve the strategic aims and annual objectives of the association.
- Valuing the contribution of its members and seeking to nurture their specific knowledge and skills in support of nursing leadership
- Evaluating ENDA’s effectiveness by seeking feedback from its members.
- Investing its financial resources and expertise to target key emerging priorities in nursing leadership in Europe and in accordance with the aims of the organisation.